I am Kimberly Thompson, WPICC (Wedding Planners Institute of Canada Certified) professional wedding consultant and coordinator and owner of Cornerstone Weddings & Events! My goal is to combine my passion for planning and details with your vision to create a truly unforgettable day!
I am a West Coast Girl at heart and have lived in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island for most of my life. I have done everything from grocery store clerk to cross-border security to Chartered Accountant to mom! My wide-range experience has helped me to develop a unique ability and passion for planning/organizing and coordinating special events. Just recently I planned my own wedding and it helped me to realize just how much I truly enjoyed wedding planning and it gave me a great start in gathering local contacts in the wedding industry. Just this past summer I helped my cousin with ’Month-of Coordination’ which helped her to have an amazing and stress free wedding day!
I have planned many corporate events including Christmas parties and golf tournaments, graduation parties, and other key milestones events throughout the year. I was also one of the founding organizers of the first Vancouver Island University Leadership Conference. All of these experiences have given me the opportunity to challenge myself and have helped me to realize how important planning is in order to obtain the results that I look for. So now, I have merged my passion and experience to create Cornerstone Weddings & Events. Let us help you create a truly, special and unique day!
Why hire a WPICC Planner?
Being a Certified planner means that I abide by the following Code of Ethics per my membership with The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada Inc.:
CODE OF ETHICS
WPIC Certified Wedding Coordinators are held to higher standards then your “regular” planners. We take this Industry seriously, so seriously that we got trained and formally educated in Wedding Coordination.
Graduates of The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada must abide by the following Code of Ethics or they can be stripped of their Certification and disbarred from the WPICAlumni Association.
WPIC CODE OF ETHICS:
- We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors. Vendors must know that the clients are the recipients of any discounts given.
- We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our clients.
- We uphold our ethics. We will not take or attempt to take clients from, or discredit, other vendors with gossip or slander.
- Every client will receive a detailed contract for Wedding Day Direction, Destination or Full Wedding Coordination services.
- We will provide all services agreed upon in the contract that must be signed by both the client and Coordinator at the commencement of service.
- We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the Wedding Industry.
- Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
- We will make every effort to return calls and emails in a timely manner. (Within 48 hrs.)
- We always endeavour to benefit our client and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit, in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
- We can not guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.